Round Table “Tokenization of Real Estate: The Future of This Asset Class?” on February 19, 2021
Together with our partners, we will host an online round table on the topic “Real Estate Tokenization: The Future of Real Estate Investing?” on February 19, 2021. The goal is to bring together a group of max. 20 experts and decision makers to discuss the benefits of tokenization in the real estate industry. If you are interested and would like to participate, the next paragraphs will give you further information. If you want to apply as a participant of this round table, please fill out the application form (5 minutes).
What is the content of this round table?
The goal of this round table is to foster the exchange of knowledge between a small group of max. 20 blockchain experts and decision-makers from real estate and asset management companies in order to explore blockchain-based tokenization of real estate. With the expected rise of blockchain-based tokenization, DLT platforms will provide a global and decentralized infrastructure to represent any type of asset in the form of security tokens. Blockchain technology enables the trading of digital assets, including tokenized shares of commercial real estate, on global markets, with the potential to disrupt traditional real estate financing and the processing of the associated payments and liquidity management. Over the medium term, any type of asset will move to DLT-based systems — be it stocks, the Euro or real estate. The reasons for this are, among others, increased international transferability, variable denomination of shares, close to real-time speed of ownership transfer and a reduction of transaction costs. It is only a matter of time before blockchain technology is rolled out and used across a wide range of business and industry-related use cases.
In the capacity of the Frankfurt School Blockchain Center as a platform for disseminating and transferring knowledge, we would like to promote discussion in this area focussing on the application side. In particular, our aim is to discuss — in a small group of max. 20 people — potential business models that would benefit from blockchain-based tokenization of real estate. To do this, we have invited several key experts from the field that will participate in the round table.
Experts invited to the round table
- Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
- Ekaterina Bozoukova, RTX21
- Michael Spitz, Main Incubator
- Marc Henniges, d-fine
- Stefan Schmitt, Blockdaemon
- Stefan Günther, SettleMint
- Philipp Schulden, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
- Maximilian Bruckner, ITSA
- Christian Viehof, ITSA
Location, date, and application
- Location: online conference (Zoom)
- Date: February 19, 2021
- Time: 15h00 –16h00 (CET)
- Language: English
- Application required by filling out this application form (5 minutes)
- Maximum number of participants: 20
Who should participate?
- Decision-makers and employees from real estate funds, investment management and asset management who are interested tokenized real estate
- Lawyers from the field of real estate law interested in the regulatory outlook
- Analysts who deal with real estate
- Journalists from the financial and technology department
- Employees of startups with digital business models
Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
Phone: +49 69 154 008–790
About the Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
The Frankfurt School Blockchain Center (FSBC) is a think tank and research center primarily focusing on the implications of blockchain technology for companies and businesses. In addition to the development of blockchain prototypes, the center offers a platform for the exchange of knowledge and thought for decision-makers and startups as well as technology and industry experts. The FSBC sets new research impulses and develops education programs for students and executives. The center concentrates primarily on the areas of banking, energy, mobility, and the manufacturing industry.
If you like this article, we would be happy if you forward it to your colleagues or share it on social networks. If you are an expert in the field and want to criticize or endorse the article or some of its parts, feel free to leave a private note here or contextually and we will respond or address.
Do you want to learn more about how blockchain will change our world?
- Blockchain knowledge: We wrote a Medium article on how to acquire the necessary blockchain knowledge within a workload of 10 working days.